All throughout November, Berklee has been tipping its guiro toward the sounds of Latin America, bringing in everything from Venezuelan merengue to Argentinian flamenco. Three weeks in, however, and other than the glorified Tae Bo of a capoeira session, Brazil hasn’t been getting much recognition despite taking up more than a good half of the whole South American continent. Fortunately, Almir Cortes is here to rectify that particular oversight, leading a cavaquinho-stop tour of regional musics from the samba republic, from choro to baião, and all those vowel-friendly dance crazes in between. [1140 Boylston St., Boston. 617.266.1400. 4pm/all ages/$10. berklee.edu]
City Dining Cards
Daily Dig Calendar
Recent TweetsWonderBarBoston: RT @AllanFlanders: RT Live right now @WonderBarBoston @zebbler @encanti @together @DigBoston http://t.co/okJyQHSBHP #TGTHR2013
6 days ago from Twitter for iPhoneAllanFlanders: RT Live right now @WonderBarBoston @zebbler @encanti @together @DigBoston http://t.co/okJyQHSBHP #TGTHR2013
6 days ago from TweetDeck
Live Rich, Pay Less
Most Popular Posts
Dig This Awards 2012
Honest Pint Special Feature
Food Truck Roundup
Gimmie Free Stuff!
Free tickets, exclusive info, cool events!
- SHANNON & THE CLAMS: DREAMS IN THE RAT HOUSE: Blanchard and Shaw are basically Buddy Holly backu...
- HELLA NEWSWORTHY: KANYE ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM, TOPS CRAZY-PERSON STANDARDS PREVIOUSLY SET BY SELF: It’s been a big couple of weeks for Kanye West, an...
- PEER REVIEW: KURT VILE @ THE SINCLAIR: Philly’s finest in folk...
- INTERVIEW: RAY MANZAREK OF THE DOORS: "I’ll tell you what happened to me when I first op...
- DIG THIS: NEWSTED @ MIDDLE EAST DOWNSTAIRS: Bringing together different generations of beards ...
Avatars by Sterling Adventures