If we were a shittier newspaper, we’d crack open the lede of this writeup for Torontonian three-piece electro-jazz outfit The New Deal with something like “The New Deal … they’re kind of a Big Deal!” followed by high-fives and Anchorman quotes. Fortunately, we are not that newspaper. Here, we can just haul out some ironic meta-commentary, puff on our Parliaments and call it a day. Reader, you made the right choice. The jam band you’d get if all the folks who hated jam bands formed a jam band comes to Royale, belting out some serious cyborg-Count Basie sounds. [Thu. 2.3.11. 279 Tremont St., Boston. 617.338.7699. 7pm/18+/$22 adv, $25 dos. royaleboston.com]
City Dining Cards
Daily Dig Calendar
Recent TweetsWonderBarBoston: RT @AllanFlanders: RT Live right now @WonderBarBoston @zebbler @encanti @together @DigBoston http://t.co/okJyQHSBHP #TGTHR2013
5 days ago from Twitter for iPhoneAllanFlanders: RT Live right now @WonderBarBoston @zebbler @encanti @together @DigBoston http://t.co/okJyQHSBHP #TGTHR2013
5 days ago from TweetDeck
Live Rich, Pay Less
Most Popular Posts
Dig This Awards 2012
Honest Pint Special Feature
Food Truck Roundup
Gimmie Free Stuff!
Free tickets, exclusive info, cool events!
- DIG THIS: NEWSTED @ MIDDLE EAST DOWNSTAIRS: Bringing together different generations of beards ...
- REVIEW: VAMPIRE WEEKEND @ AGGANIS ARENA: The new material thematically evolves from familia...
- PREVIEW: FREE FRIDAYS SUMMER SERIES @ JOHNNY D'S: We advise you to sample liberally....
- PREVIEW: CONVERSE RUBBER TRACKS LIVE @ THE SINCLAIR: Papa Chuck is fostering musicians and bringing two...
- AWAIT RESCUE: EVERYONE YOU KNOW EP: If you're lookin' for some good ol' a*s-kicking ro...
Avatars by Sterling Adventures