“Future-roots” outfit John Brown’s Body is, without a doubt, the finest collection of progressive-reggae-playing vegetarians hailing from the Boston area ever assembled. While it’s also true that its members make up a hefty percentage of that admittedly niche demographic, somewhere in the vicinity of all of them, we stand by this endorsement. Their show tonight at the House of Blues is the quintessential dubstep-skankin’ Hub-herbavore experience. Accept no substitutes. We’re not really sure where it is that you’d actually find these substitutes, but who knows? There’s probably a trance-ska vegan collective in JP somewhere called “The Letters of William Wilberforce” or something. Just … don’t accept them. [15 Lansdowne St., Boston. 888.693.2583. 8pm/all ages/$20 adv, $22 dos. hob.com]
City Dining Cards
Daily Dig Calendar
Recent TweetsWonderBarBoston: RT @AllanFlanders: RT Live right now @WonderBarBoston @zebbler @encanti @together @DigBoston http://t.co/okJyQHSBHP #TGTHR2013
6 days ago from Twitter for iPhoneAllanFlanders: RT Live right now @WonderBarBoston @zebbler @encanti @together @DigBoston http://t.co/okJyQHSBHP #TGTHR2013
6 days ago from TweetDeck
Live Rich, Pay Less
Most Popular Posts
Dig This Awards 2012
Honest Pint Special Feature
Food Truck Roundup
Gimmie Free Stuff!
Free tickets, exclusive info, cool events!
- SHANNON & THE CLAMS: DREAMS IN THE RAT HOUSE: Blanchard and Shaw are basically Buddy Holly backu...
- HELLA NEWSWORTHY: KANYE ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM, TOPS CRAZY-PERSON STANDARDS PREVIOUSLY SET BY SELF: It’s been a big couple of weeks for Kanye West, an...
- PEER REVIEW: KURT VILE @ THE SINCLAIR: Philly’s finest in folk...
- INTERVIEW: RAY MANZAREK OF THE DOORS: "I’ll tell you what happened to me when I first op...
- DIG THIS: NEWSTED @ MIDDLE EAST DOWNSTAIRS: Bringing together different generations of beards ...
Avatars by Sterling Adventures