This post is brought to you by Happn
Nothing brings more frustration than a lost opportunity. You know- that moment when you lock eyes with a hot stranger who seems moved by your charms… before he disappears into the wild. You play the scene over and over again in your head, regretting the fact that you didn’t approach him. You tell yourself that you won’t bail when you face such a delicate situation again. But more importantly, you ask yourself :
Did he really fancy me ?
Is there a way to find this guy again ?
Today, there’s a way to answer these two existential questions.
The answer is HAPPN. The first app that helps you find a person you’ve crossed paths with, at any moment, in the street, in the bus, at work, at a party… In short, a revolution for all the singles living in the fast lane.
How does it work ? Every time you cross paths with someone in real life, their profile shows up on your app ! On every profile, you can see the number of times you’ve crossed paths, as well as the time and location of your last encounter.
If someone catches your eye, you can secretly like that person, or send them a Charm to make sure they notice you. In any case, the feeling has to be mutual for two people to start a conversation.
By actually basing your connections with your moving location, you will meet people who share your neighborhood, your T stop, your hangouts,—and finally connect with the one who got away. It’s the Champion of dating apps….perfect for Boston! Here are five reasons why.
1. It’s Hyper-Local. You’ll discover the people you cross paths with, meaning the people from your everyday life, those who hang out in the same places… That’s a first thing in common, isn’t it ?
2. It’s safe ! The app is very confidential, and no one will ever know where you are. You control any information you give.
3. It’s Real Life. Why should you go on a dating website if you cross paths with dozens of people every day in real life ? After all, it’s certainly more romantic to connect with someone you’ve already had a crush on, or at least a good vibe.
4. It’s Hype. The app is really fun, it has a cool design and its users are really trendy. We’re ready to bet that happn is the next big thing and the new MUST-HAVE APP.
5. It’s Motivational. See every journey as a new opportunity ! Having Happn in your pocket is like traveling with a superpower : when you go home at the end of the day, you can see the profiles of all the people you’ve crossed paths with during the day ! Probably the best reason to go out more.
Happn celebrated 1 million users at the end of 2014 and already 1,6 million in February, after barely a year in existence. With thousands of Bostonians jumping on the bandwagon every week, you should give it a try and see for yourself!
Happn is available for both iPhone and Android